“Change can be difficult, but we’ll assist you. This time is for developing a rollout strategy, answering final questions, and helping incentivise your team.”
02.01# SCALE THE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF SaaS OVER THE ORGANIZATION & PROCESSES :
- show-off the proposed possibilities, first outlines and meanings, where needed supported by official tutorial videos.
- short security overview : physical, network and system, application, people, privacy, compliance, level of data-encryption, …
- define to be used browsers/applications and confirm the 100% responsiveness and 99.9% uptime of proposed SaaS.
- scale the integration of currently used tools : email and any other applications
- list all needed integrations : automatic mounted ones as the ‘to-be-build’ paths (API), estimate their budgets
02.02# CONFIRM THE CORE AND KEY PEOPLE TO BE INVOLVED IN THE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS :
- overall, choose admins, regular and external users, collaborators & define user-rights.
- out of this individuals, choose the “Champions Team” (the early adopters, the open-minded, tech-savvy ones).
- organise an in-depth interview/sit-down with the “Champions Team” to treat the ‘responsibilities’ regarding their ‘level’.
02.03# IDENTIFY POSSIBLE ROADBLOCKS AND PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE RESISTANT TO CHANGE :
- double-check that all chosen users understand the needed optimisation to 21st century workflow and methods.
- explain and support the translation to modern methods and adaption to let go on traditional tools and habits.
- if there are any parts on which we have thoughts/doubts : list them, current, as possible thought upcoming.
02.04# PLAN AND AGREE ON THE TIMELINE FOR ADOPTION & LAUNCH DATES :
- final election of the SaaS packages to adopt out of the proposed ones. decide on eventual optional ones.
- confirm that the proposed roadmap and following timeline for the implementation is correctly estimated.
- depending previous taken decisions, adapt and update this timeline if necessary, define KPI’ and budgets.